Thursday, October 16, 2014

Somedays we get our trash kicked.


Somedays we get our trash kicked. For some it happens on a daily basis, for others it comes from time to time. We just feel a little off and we have no idea where that shinning drive of yesterday is today. That flat out emotion of being lost in narcissistic questioning clouds our minds and we are forced to spend every moment self addressing ways to escape this anxiety in order to transcend towards the light, even if that means we need to put up a fight. 


Okay Listen to this now -> Bleed it out by Linkin Park

There is something special about this song that just gets me fired up. I'm going to be a little more personal than usual for a moment right now, I got owned today. I am part of a strategy club at my university and we do case studies for companies to gain experience and get connections. Just found out my team did not even make the first cut after hours of slaving away. I am pretty sure I am the only non-business major dumb enough to be in this group haha but I am on a mission and sometimes we need to do hard things. Each and every case, I have to comprehend a new rhetoric and understand a lot of complex ideologies very quickly. I do have a competitive attitude, an obsession with my work and in delivering quality, but the problem is so does everyone else. My competition not only has more background and experience than I do but they are gunning for every job that I am. I feel out gunned, out matched and out smarted every single day. But ----> I DON'T CARE.... I LOVE IT! I really do. Let me tell you why.

If I try to be like them, I will fail; I wont get the job. Simply said I am under qualified to follow the calf path (click on the link to get the context). I HAVE TO INNOVATE AND BE DIFFERENT. I HAVE TO. Think about that for a few minutes. Are you following the calf path? Are you striving to just follow the crowd or do you want to create your own path. Failure is a harsh teacher, but she is still a teacher so before you pack your bags up and go home, keep going. Use what you learned from today to change your game plan for tomorrow. Never stop learning and use it to improve. Measure your improvements and never give up. This feeling can be utilized so that you pray a little harder, do a little more, be a little better, and achieve more.
GO GET IT! <--------- (you want to see this) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews